Kidsdata is starting off the new year with optimism and determination. Our commitment to elevating children’s health and well-being across all California policies, programs, and services is unwavering. We recently updated 124 indicators across six topics that can inform advocacy efforts, needs assessments, grant proposals, and more. A summary of the latest data is available below. See the full list of recently released data here.
Emotional and Behavioral Health
- Children’s Emotional Health includes hospitalizations for mental health issues and depression-related feelings.
- Youth Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Use includes usage by gender, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, parent education level, and school connectedness level.
- Youth Suicide and Self-Inflicted Injury includes suicide ideation and suicides.
- Family Income and Poverty includes the supplemental poverty measure, self-sufficiency standard, and CalWORKs participation.
- Asthma includes asthma diagnoses and hospitalizations.
- Health Care includes usual source of health care, delay in care, emergency room visits, insurance coverage, school health care centers, and care within a medical home.
We continually update data throughout the year. Sign up for data alerts to be informed as soon as the topics, regions, or demographic groups that interest you most become available.
Posted by kidsdata.org