Our most recent addition to kidsdata.org: 2009 data from the California Health Interview Survey (CHIS) on health care, asthma diagnoses, and teens who say they have not had sex. Highlights of these data are noted below.
Health Care Data Highlights:
- In most regions for which data are available, more than 90% of children were insured in ’09.
- The percentage of California children with employer-based health care has decreased, while the percentage with public insurance increased.
- Read our recent data advisory for more details.
Teen Sexual Health Data Highlight:
- An estimated 81% of California teens ages 14-17 in ’09 reported that they have not had sex, similar to previous years.
Asthma Data Highlights:
- About 13% of California kids have been diagnosed with asthma, according to survey estimates.
- Statewide, asthma diagnoses declined slightly from 2005 to 2009.
The California Health Interview Survey is sponsored by the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research. For more data from the survey, visit http://www.askchis.org.
Tags: New Data
Posted by kidsdata.org