What are Data Alerts and Kidsdata News?
Data Alerts notify you, no more than a few times each month, that we have published new data related to your interests. Data alerts let you know when topics are updated on kidsdata.org and provide direct links to the indicators you select.
Kidsdata News highlights new and noteworthy data available on our site, typically through an exploration of a specific children's health topic. Kidsdata News also offers tips on using kidsdata.org and describes new website enhancements. These emails are distributed once or twice a month—see our blog and archive for examples.
How do Data Alerts work?
You will receive a Data Alert when data matching your selections have been added or updated. On the Email Subscriptions page you can select:
- Topics such as foster care, emotional health, homelessness, or asthma
- Regions such as California, Kern County, Redwood City, Los Angeles Unified School District, or State Senate District 19
- Demographic Groups such as infants, children with special health care needs, low-income families, or African American/black children
Why do you offer Data Alerts?
Because people like you asked! In a kidsdata.org survey, users said they would like to receive timely updates specific to their interests.
How do I change my email preferences?
If you have signed up for Data Alerts or Kidsdata News and want to change your preferences, go to Email Subscriptions at any time and enter the email address you want to manage.
What if I've signed up but am not receiving Data Alerts or Kidsdata News?
- You may have chosen Data Alerts for topics that have not been updated recently. Most topics on kidsdata.org are updated annually, on a rotating basis.
- The more topics, regions, and demographic groups you select, the more Data Alerts you'll receive. You can add selections at Email Subscriptions.
- Check your email filters to make sure our emails aren't going to your junk or spam folder.
How can I receive Data Alerts or Kidsdata News at a different email address?
You can create a new Data Alerts or Kidsdata News subscription by signing up using a different email address. If you would like to transfer your current subscriptions to a different address, you can do so at Email Subscriptions—select 'Transfer current subscriptions to a different email address' to transfer all of your subscriptions, or select the 'Edit' link for the individual subscription you want to reassign.
How do I unsubscribe from Data Alerts or Kidsdata News?
Go to Email Subscriptions and enter your email address—you'll be able to edit and unsubscribe from any of your email subscriptions. There is also an unsubscribe link in every email you receive.
What if I have a question that hasn't been answered on this page?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 877-9881.
Receive Kidsdata News
New and notable data findings delivered regularly to your inbox.