What are Data Alerts and Kidsdata News?
Data Alerts are emails that notify you, no more than a few times per month, when data that match your interests are updated on Kidsdata. They are a quick and easy way to know when data are updated on our site, and they provide you with direct links to the updated indicators you select.
Kidsdata News is distributed once or twice monthly, highlighting new and noteworthy data available on our site. Previously called Advisories, these messages also offer tips for using Kidsdata and feature new enhancements to the site. It typically provides a deeper narrative about a specific topic of interest. You can see examples of Kidsdata News emails in the archive.
How do Data Alerts work?
You will receive a Data Alert via email when data related to your selections have been added or updated. On the Email Subscriptions page, you can select what interests you:
- Topics of interest to you, e.g., child abuse, asthma, food security
- Counties, cities, school districts, or legislative districts, e.g., Alameda County, Bakersfield, Los Angeles Unified School District, State Senate District 19
- Demographic groups, e.g., age, gender, racial/ethnic groups
Why do you offer Data Alerts?
People like you asked for it! In a kidsdata.org survey, users said they would like to receive timely information specific to their interests.
How do I change my email choices?
If you signed up to receive Data Alerts or Kidsdata News and want to change what you receive, go to Email Subscriptions and enter the email address you want to manage. You can change what you receive at any time.
I signed up for Data Alerts or Kidsdata News but I’m not receiving anything – how can I fix that?
Here are some tips:
- You may have chosen Data Alerts for topics that have not been updated recently. Data typically are updated annually on a rotating basis, as new data become available.
- The more topics, regions, or demographic groups you select, the more Data Alerts you’ll receive, since data are continually being updated. You can go to Email Subscriptions to add more selections at any time.
- Check your email spam filter to make sure our emails aren’t going to your junk or spam folder.
- If you’ve tried these tips but are still not receiving email from us, contact us at email@example.com or (650) 724-1618 for assistance.
When will I receive Data Alerts or Kidsdata News?
Data Alerts will be sent periodically when data are updated, but no more than a few times a month. Kidsdata News is sent once or twice monthly. Data Alerts and Kidsdata News are sent by staff of the Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health.
How can I receive Data Alerts or Kidsdata News at a different email address?
You can receive new Data Alerts or Kidsdata News at a new email address by signing up using that email address. If you would like to reassign your subscriptions to a new email address, you can do so online at Email Subscriptions. Click on "Transfer these subscriptions to a different address" to transfer all of your subscriptions or click the "Edit" link next to an individual subscription you want to reassign.
How do I unsubscribe from Data Alerts or Kidsdata News?
Visit Email Subscriptions and enter the email address where you're receiving the email. You'll be able to edit and unsubscribe from all your email subscriptions. There is also an unsubscribe link in every email you receive.
What if I have a question that hasn’t been answered on this page?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 724-1618.
Receive Kidsdata News
Regular emails featuring notable data findings and new features. Visit our Kidsdata News archive for examples.