Highlighting new and noteworthy data from kidsdata.org
The Lucile Packard Foundation for Children's Health | July 27, 2011

Small Communities in CA: More Children's Data Now Available

Wide-ranging demographic and economic data for regions in California with small populations, including the state's rural areas, now are available on kidsdata.org. These data, from the Census Bureau's American Community Survey (ACS), offer five-year estimates for counties, cities, and school districts with populations of 10,000 residents or more.

In other new ACS data, about 8% of California's child population – nearly 750,000 children – live in rural areas, and the other 92%, about 8.7 million kids, live in urban regions, which are defined as areas with densely settled cores and populations of at least 2,500 people. This new rural/urban breakdown is only available at the state level.

Find Data for Your Community

CHILD POPULATION:

HOUSEHOLDS WITH/WITHOUT CHILDREN:

FAMILY STRUCTURE (SINGLE/MARRIED) AMONG HOUSEHOLDS WITH KIDS:

FAMILY STRUCTURE, BY RACE/ETHNICITY:


Looking for your community? Click on any data link in this e-mail, then click "Choose Counties, Cities, and School Districts" at the top of the page to find your region.

CHILDREN IN THE CARE OF GRANDPARENTS:

FOREIGN-BORN POPULATION:

CHILDREN IN POVERTY:

CHILDREN IN POVERTY, BY RACE/ETHNICITY:

MEDIAN FAMILY INCOME:

Tools to Help Make Your Case for Kids in California

As a foundation devoted to raising the visibility of issues facing children in California, we want to connect you to the data and information you need:

iconSign up for e-alerts to receive automatic e-mails when data you care about are updated.

fbook Get answers to your questions about children's data by posting on our Facebook page or on our blog page devoted to Q&A.

twitter Stay up-to-date on news and topics affecting California kids through a fact of the day on Twitter.

Kidsdata.org is a program of the Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health, which uses data to promote the health and well being of children.
This email was sent by: %%Member_Busname%%
%%Member_Addr%% %%Member_City%%, %%Member_State%%, %%Member_PostalCode%%, %%Member_Country%%

Update Profile